Friday, February 3, 2012

Little ones who took my heart La La La….

I came across a little one aged around 4 as I wait for the green signal. I firstly noticed a dull orange colored African marigold fall off a bike waiting ahead of me. And this little one crossed over the bike looking down at the flower that dropped off. And she had a small dull garland of orange marigold that had 5 – 6 flowers. I thought this girl should have put it on the bike and it fell off. She was in rags but was not begging. She was pulling out flowers out of it and as she looked up, I could see some kind of joy on her face. Probably she had a reason to be happy and wanted to celebrate. That is what her body language told me. She did not pick the flower that fell down but pulled out another flower, she quickly crossed my car and offered the flower to a lady sitting behind on a bike. The little one had such a spark and good smile when she did that. She probably wanted someone to take the flower from her. But the lady shunned her away. This time she did not throw the flower but recoiled. She had a grin and was in search of someone to take the flower from her. I don’t know what she did next as I had to move on.

I wish there is someone who takes a flower from her and give a smile back at her. That shall complete her celebration. Wish she had been at my car window and I accept her flower. Just to see the spark and little pure smile glow a little longer. I had never thought of a flower or a person giving a flower for so long. Hey you little one my heart goes for you. But I am sorry I did not do anything.

Hey you beautiful marigolds, you look really special in the shine of her pure smile though you are withering away. Believe me, you looked suffocating at the plastic and tactic places though you seem fresh.
I wonder what she had to celebrate. May be a good meal after long time. I have got hundreds of things better than her but I live with plastic smiles and amidst plastic smiles. Like the plastic that is hazardous to the environment around. So are there plastic smiles hazardous to our emotions and ethics of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...