Thursday, December 30, 2010

Explaining my Work.


Firstly sorry for the bad quality of the picture. But still I want to share. Its one of my works. Sometimes I feel good about it and sometimes its funny but I still like it. Just want you to enjoy the same. Giggle, appreciate or laugh aloud. I do one of these each time I see it. I wanted to try my hand at something different. And then comes this. Let me try to explain the hidden meaning.
The wavy structures at the bottom indicate an ocean. I know the ocean is blue but here I want to illustrate that knowledge is like an ocean. There are different fields to explore (like astronomy, medicine, home sciences, arts ……) yet each of them is an ocean no less. I symbolize this by different colors.

No matter how much we try to learn, its just a drop that is known and an ocean unknown. I indicate the drop above the ocean. Don’t worry the drop is magnified to an egg size. I used black as the drop’s thick outline indicating ignorance. Ignorance is due to lack of knowledge. In that ignorance when a question sparks up, and you start to ponder, that is when you try to find the answer. The pondering is shown in the face made of question marks. Each question can be divided into smaller questions too (subtopics of a concept) is what is indicated by using so many question marks to form a face. When you start thinking, your try to throw light to look for an answers. If you don’t find your answer one way you may try it in a different way. This is indicated by the kindaa light sources on the outer side of the drop. Multiple light sources indicate lateral thinking. From different viewpoints, you may find different answers that lie vast spread. Indicating that there can be more than one way to explain anything and still each is valid in its own way. So a situation can have multiple solutions. If you have a solution doesn’t mean another cant be better than you. They may come up with another solution that is equally good or better too.

The more you try to question and find answers, the more you throw light to know the answers, you become an achiever and may reach heights that the world appreciates you. This is indicated by the medal, certificate (not much visible in the picture though) and the crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...