Monday, December 31, 2012

Livid taciturn void

Why are there days like this?
The day the soul in me burns itself in grief.
It burns in the onus and in silence.
It preys on a body and yet complains.

When my body learns to stay numb and dumb,
Why does my soul not learn that art?
Unconvinced by my thoughts,
It hurls at me, curses me, cribs and punishes.

The worldly attachments that my brain barks about,
Detached and torched stays my soul.
Soul cannot sense the pain my body endures.
My body is a slave of my soul.

For a session of aroma therapy!
A session of spa!
Peaceful music!
Nothing can soothe my soul.

It wants me to be guilt-free
I could get in trouble if I do what my soul dictates.
Yet my soul can get its peace.
My soul is a parasite.

The unrest is simply increasing the more I walk away.
Miraculously, it harnesses energy when I walk with it.
After everything, it is relaxing on Goa beaches as my body heals.
Why are there days like this?

Soul married to honesty,
It roars at even the negligible things.
How did it learn to count those!!
Showers of blessings needed till this crazy soul finds its next prey.

Do you have days like this?


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...