Thursday, September 25, 2014

Phantoms

I know there is some landscape done on the other side of the block I stay in. Just that I never ventured in though it is just across the street in the same compound. I used to get a glance every now and then just to see there are thick tall trees making you feel evenings in bright sun too. Pond with thick green waters and fountains that you would like to walk by but never touch the waters. Few flowering bushes flocks of different ducks, ducklings and geese around. Minimal or literally none dwelling this private scenic space.  I never knew the depth of this space.

A thick dark evening …. Yes you heard it right. After a hearty early dinner me and my friends wanted to go for a walk around this pond. My friends used to walk this pond regularly in the evening though not always in the dark. It was a winter evening with no moon clear skies at 08:00 PM. We started the walk where there was Faint Street light and as we walked in ….. Gosh!!! Thick darkness around! Though my friends were confident about the place it is a new space where I couldn’t take the next step. It was not spooky yet just following their voices with hands tucked into my pockets. Uhhh! What an experience and at a point I wanted to tell them we better head back as my spine is chilling up. The thick trees were thick blankets covering the skies and the pond. There is nothing much up there for the almost still dark pond to reflect. It was not eerie but just that I din knew the ways to walk while my friends guide me through too many turns and the criss-cross paths, bridges across the pond just following their voice.  Bet you, I couldn’t see or feel anything. It was a 20 min walk and what a feel! Every step was with zero confidence and knowledge. I don’t even know where my next step would be. Either into the water (I don’t know to swim), onto the rocks beside the walk ways, on the walk ways or onto something else… Well! All is well!
Sometimes it is just one not so needed casual thought that puts us through the rides that thrill. After the walk, when I was out at once I feel so relieved that my blood started warming up again and can you guess the statements I made?
“Folks this is not a good idea to get into these woods so late. There is too much of carbon dioxide you know trees emit CO2 after sunset….. We could have done something better. Let us not do this again”


I did not admit to it being a terrific thriller for my heart J




No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...